In this tutorial I will be mainly talking about how to restore failed-to-update Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headset.
I screwed up the firmware update of my headphone due to the instability of Bluetooth on LineageOS. I cannot connect to it, nor does it charge; the headphone flashes red and blue light.
Alright, so my headset was dead and flashing both red and blue lights, when I saw it, I thought “holy, the $158 headset is ending up like this”. I tried to call PLT and they only let me left a voicemail to call me back.
AS THEY SAID IN THE PHONE WHEN THEY CALLED BACK A WEEK LATER, THE HEADSET IS IN DFU MODE AND NEEDED TO BE RESTORED IF IT’S NOT UNPAIRED. However, this is NOT accurate, and I am going to show you how to restore it correctly.
Steps to fix it
But that guy in the phone still said that the headphone should be able to connect to you phone, so I decided to it give a try, as long as you got a reliable power source, this method will always restore your Plantronics BBFIT.
- Find an Android Phone, download the Official updater
- Plug your headset to a PC or something, at least a reliable power source
- Your headset will now flash both blue and red light slowly
- (Open your Bluetooth settings on the phone, unpair the original headset)(Use only if you didn’t unpair it)
- (Toggle Bluetooth and Toggle it on again)
- (You should now see your headset in your settings)
- Pair it
- Now open the application and the update should automagically start
After the update, you should be able to use your headset.